Favorite Lines from Great Hymns

Devotional thoughts from hymn lines in great hymns that encourage and inspire our faith as we walk with God.

Sunday, August 30, 2026

"My Jesus I Love Thee"

 

Verse Three
“I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as thou lendest me breath,
And say when the deathdew lies cold on my brow:
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.”

Praising God. How fortunate we are that we have been blessed with a Heavenly Father who loves us and provides for us. How fortunate we are that we answered His call and are now one of His children. A loving, happy family to be born into.

From the first that we accepted Jesus as our Savior we have wanted to praise Him. We had a lot to learn about Him, but we had heard enough to know He loves us and is always with us. The more we learned about Him, the more we wanted to praise Him.

The Bible is filled with verses that praise God. We can turn to page after page and read words that praise God. Then we learned hymns and songs that praise Him. Our joy is full when we sing to Him.

We get to do this all of our lives until He takes our last breath away and we are in His presence. Then we will continue praising Him all through eternity.

Romans 15:11
“And again, ‘Praise the Lord all you Gentiles, And let all the peoples praise Him.’”

Scripturesavvy.com: “Praising God is not just a suggestion; it’s an essential part of our faith journey. When we extol God, we acknowledge His greatness and goodness. Through our praises, we establish a deeper connection to Him. This verse calls out to Gentiles, who were often seen as outsiders in the early church, reminding them that they are welcomed into God’s family. This isn’t just a nod; it’s a clarion call to lift voices in worship, celebrating God’s universal outreach . . . The phrase ‘Praise the Lord’ signifies an action – it is not simply a passive acknowledgment but an invitation to actively engage in worship. Praise requires expression, and in the life of a believer, it becomes a vital response to God’s goodness. The act of praising reflects one’s response to what they recognize God has done in their lives.”

Verse One
“My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.”

“And praise Thee as long as thou lendest me breath.” Praise Him today. He will be exalted and you will be filled with His joy!

By His Grace . . . 


"My Jesus I Love Thee"

  Verse Three “I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death, And praise Thee as long as thou lendest me breath, And say when the ...