Favorite Lines from Great Hymns

Devotional thoughts from hymn lines in great hymns that encourage and inspire our faith as we walk with God.

Sunday, August 16, 2026

"I Am Resolved"

 

“I Am Resolved”

 Refrain:

I will hasten to Him, Hasten so glad and free,
Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.”

How fast do you go to Jesus? Do you linger, or do you “no longer linger” like it says in the first verse of this hymn: “I am resolved no longer to linger, charmed by the world's delight”? Whether you are in a good place or a place you shouldn’t be, how long does it take you to go to the Savior?

 Psalm 119:60

“I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.”

Godsbless.ing: “This verse emphasizes the urgency and importance of following God’s commandments promptly and without hesitation. When we hear the Word of God, we should respond immediately. The verse suggests that our dedication and commitment to God should be quick, eager, and without hesitation. This psalm encourages believers to hasten in obeying God’s commands as a demonstration of faith and unwavering commitment. It prompts individuals to reflect on areas in their lives where obedience may be delayed and inspires them to take immediate steps towards aligning with God’s will. May this verse serve as a catalyst for prompt obedience and a deeper connection with God in the journey of faith.”

When we hasten, we should do it with gladness because our God is willing and waiting for us to come to Him. There is nowhere else we can go to receive true deliverance and perfect instruction. We are free to do this. God wants and expects us to come to Him.

I like the invitation in the third verse:

“I am resolved, and who will go with me?
Come, friends, without delay;
taught by the Bible, led by the Spirit,
we'll walk the heavenly way.”

Will you go with me? Let’s hasten to our Heavenly Father, the greatest and highest! I am resolved. How about you?

By His Grace . . . 



"I Am Resolved"

  “I Am Resolved”   Refrain: “ I will hasten to Him , Hasten so glad and free, Jesus, greatest, highest, I will come to Thee.” How fast ...