Favorite Lines from Great Hymns

Devotional thoughts from hymn lines in great hymns that encourage and inspire our faith as we walk with God.

Sunday, October 4, 2026

"Through It All"

 
"ServantHeartedSisterhood" Facebook page

"Through It All"
"Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in god.
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word."

These words are learned through trials over the course of a Christian’s life. There’s no way we can know that God gets us through the difficult things that happen to us until we’ve experienced God carrying us through them.

There's no way we can relate to Verse 3 of this song if we haven't been through trials:

"I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem, I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do."

God does solve our problems. God helps us solve our problems through faith, prayer, divine wisdom, and sometimes miraculous intervention, guiding us through life’s challenges. And each time we experience this, we become stronger and carry an assurance with us that God is able.

We will always have tears and sorrows in this life. There will always be questions for tomorrow. And through them God makes us strong.

Andrae Crouch, author of this song, states in his autobiography: “The hardest thing about always being on the go is leaving your home, your local community, the relatives and friends you see every day to suddenly open up your life to everybody all over the world. You become involved with more and more people and there is so much heartache it can break you. I had to learn to rely totally on the Lord. Totally.

“But God sends the mountains. . . to lift us up from the valleys. . ., and He gives us strength to travel through it all—through the up times and through the down times. I just thank Him for everything, all the tears—tears of sorrow, tears of joy—for the problems, and the trust, the faith, His Word, His Holy Spirit, and for Jesus. Through it all He brings a blessed harmony to life. Knowing Him, belonging to Him, is enough. Praise His name.”

We can depend upon God’s Word. We can trust Him. The words are true. Let’s continually praise and worship God for being faithful and helping us as we journey through this life.

By His Grace . . . 



"Through It All"

  "ServantHeartedSisterhood" Facebook page "Through It All" "Through it all, through it all, I've learned to tr...